- Crushed crayon – Glue (to make it shiny)
- Crushed chalk – Sand paper
- Pencil shaving – Jute
- Magazine collage – Wax (candle)
I tried to do some research and find some Iranian elements that I can use for my project. I tried to first focus on food, drinks, sweets, etc.
- Saffron and cardamom which are common spices in Iran, Rosewater, pistachio, and figs, and dried rose petals.
- Pomegranate and watermelon which are symbolic fruits in Iran, Zereshk polo, and kabab.
- Gaz, Shole zard, kolucheh, faloodeh, sohan which are common sweets and desserts, nabat saffroni which are used to make tea sweet instead of normal sugar.
Among all these elements, I have found, Im mostly interested in using, dried rose petals, saffron, zereshk polo, and gaz.
I also did some research on fashion, art, and architecture in Iran.
- The southern people’s custom which is similar to some Arab costumes, such as burqas and fabrics for hijabs. Also, the long hijab (chador) which is very common in the country.
- The Persian rugs.
- Islamic tiles of different mosques and blue tiles of pools.